[Zope] very slow zcatalog

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Mon Sep 8 01:09:05 EDT 2003

On Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 12:20:30PM +1000, Shawn Day wrote:
> If anyone can help me speed up the search I would be enormously
> greatful.

Hmm. In your results, what attributes  do you display,
and is any of it not represented in the portal_catalog's Metadata tab?

If so, you'll be directly touching every object in the result set,
and that can be slow.

> you would like to see the problem yourself you can at: www.regionlink.com.au
> <http://www.regionlink.com.au/>

hmm, i only find a simple search form in which i can't seem to trigger
this problem. I keep getting "no results found". What should I search for?

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com