[Zope] ZODB or MySQL for form data?

Ed Leafe ed at leafe.com
Mon Sep 8 20:36:32 EDT 2003

On Monday, September 8, 2003, at 05:31  PM, J Cameron Cooper wrote:

> I'm a bit on the other side of the fence from most of the rest of the
> folks who have replied. My take on the matter is that unless you have
> a very compelling reason or need to use an external RDBMS you should
> keep everything in Zope.

	I'm curious as to how to best find information when storing data in
Zope. I come from a RDBMS background, so writing SQL statements to find
the data that matches a user's request is a no-brainer for me. I would
be interested in how one would store hundreds or thousands of records
of data in Zope, and then find just the one or two that match the given
criteria. Do you have to iterate through the entire branch of the ZODB,
or is there another, simpler way that I'm missing?

      ___/
     /
    __/
   /