[Zope] RE: [RESOLVED] ZODB or MySQL for form data?

paulporter at buffalotalks.com paulporter at buffalotalks.com
Tue Sep 9 13:03:37 EDT 2003

First my thanks to everyone that responded to my question. I received some
very thought provoking responses.

I am totally new to object oriented databases; never even saw one before
Zope, that I know of. So I think I can be forgiven for being a little
stand-offish when it comes to the thought of trusting one with my data. At
the same time I can see where an OODB might have some advantages, in
certain situations, over a RDBMS.  You have all given good arguments for
both sides of this question.  I think, however, the most appropriate
answer was "use the best tool for the job". With that thought in mind I
think I'll just have to look at each situation individually and make my
decision from there.

Thank you everyone for your input.  I can tell that some of you put alot
of thought into your responses and I really appreciate it very much. You
have all been very helpful.

Paul