[Zope] Re: CorruptedDataError! Please help asap

Gitte Wange gitte at mmmanager.org
Wed Sep 10 12:36:31 EDT 2003

On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 23:17:57 +0200, Dieter Maurer <dieter at handshake.de>
wrote:

>Gitte Wange wrote at 2003-9-9 09:30 +0200:
> > I have tried running fsrecover on the corrupted Data.fs now - and it
> > skipped everything saying it was corrupted ?
> > Now I can enter the portal and browse everything except the folder
> > containing the corrupted portal - then everything in the Data.fs file
> > can't be corrupted ???
>
>The "fsrecover" of Zope 2.6.1 was broken.
>
>Use that of Zope 2.5.1 or of Zope 2.6.2 (any beta).
>
>It is easiest to fetch it from the Zope CVS.

Arh thanks :-)
I just saw the release notes for Zope 2.6.2
Yes I will upgrade the customer instance for this - but it must wait
untill they are no longer using the system.

I actually "solved" the problem ...
They have this backup system running every day at 3 am
They have never used there system at night, so when they worked in the
system monday night, it crashed when the backup was running !
I don't know what kind up backup system they use - but it does weird
things to Zope ...
I just got the backup up and running and imported the content they had
created after the portal crashed.

Greetings,
Gitte Wange