[Zope] (no subject)

gitte at mmmanager.org gitte at mmmanager.org
Tue Sep 9 14:24:52 EDT 2003

>From nobody Tue Sep  9 12:22:17 2003
To: zope at zope.org
From: "Gitte Wange" <gitte at mmmanager.org>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 10:12:20 +0200
Subject: [Zope] Re: Re: CorruptedDataError! Please help asap
Sender: zope-bounces at zope.org

On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 12:19:50 +0200, Tino Wildenhain wrote:

> Hi Gitte,
>
> Gitte Wange wrote:
>> Hello again,
>>
>> On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 07:42:38 +0200, Gitte Wange wrote:
>>

>>>Hello,
>>>
>>>This morning I woke to an email from a customer, saying he got this error
>>>everytime he went to a specifik folder:
>>>
>>>    * Module Products.PageTemplates.ZRPythonExpr, line 48, in __call__
>>>    * __traceback_info__: here.listFolderContents()
>>>    * Module Python expression "here.listFolderContents()", line 2, in f
>>>    * Module Products.CMFCore.PortalFolder, line 230, in listFolderContents
>>>    * Module Products.CMFCore.PortalFolder, line 221, in contentValues
>>>    * Module Products.CMFCore.PortalFolder, line 194, in _filteredItems
>>>    * Module Products.CMFCore.PortalFolder, line 591, in __call__
>>>    * Module Products.CMFCore.PortalFolder, line 572, in <lambda>
>>>    * Module ZODB.Connection, line 509, in setstate
>>>    * Module ZODB.FileStorage, line 650, in load
>>>    * Module ZODB.FileStorage, line 630, in _load
>>>CorruptedDataError: ?????????????????????
>>>
>>>I have looked at the archives and saw something that Dieter Maurer wrote about:
>>>"
>>>Looks like a case for "fsrecover" (make a backup copy of your "Data.fs"!)."
>>>
>>>fsrecover ???
>>

>> I have tried running fsrecover on the corrupted Data.fs now - and it
>> skipped everything saying it was corrupted ?
>> Now I can enter the portal and browse everything except the folder
>> containing the corrupted portal - then everything in the Data.fs file
>> can't be corrupted ???
>>
> I see 2 posibilities:
>
> 1) restore your most current backup (preferred)

I'm working on that :-)
I just contacted the customer and asked for the nightly backup.
The have some sort of network system that logs in to the machine and fetch
all data.
An interesting thing in this context is, that the backup is from 02:24
(local time) and the they discovered the problem 02:37. Maybe Zope doesn't
like their backup system ??

> 2) export/import your objects tree-wise.

What do you mean ?
export/import all the objects I can get access without errors ?
The problem is that all there newest content is inside the folder where
the corrupted object also is so I cannot access the folder at all :-(
Does objectsIds() load all the objects ?
Maybe I can create some script that lists the ids of the objects in the
folder and access them manually and find the corrupted object that way

Gitte Wange
Technical Manager

Email: gitte at mmmanager.org
Web: http://www.mmmanager.org
Tlf: +45 36 46 20 02

Old Zopistas never die,
they just lose their Persistence Wrappers.

    -- The Jester: ZopeLabs.

Zope maillist  -  Zope at zope.org
(Related lists -