[Zope] Securing Zope and Special URLs

Roy Rapoport r.rapoport at fi.com
Wed Sep 10 12:34:15 EDT 2003

Greetings everyone,

As part of a re-engineering of our Zope infrastructure, I'm tasked with
finding any documentation out there on how to secure Zope sites in a
best-practices sort of way.  Anyone got any pointers?

Also, we're fronting Zope with Apache using mod_proxy to relay requests
through.  We'd like to block Zope management-type URLs from coming through
the Apache server and hitting the Zope server (we'll do our management
directly to the Zope instance).  For this, I need to figure out what special
patterns signify a Zope management URL.
Some patterns I know about already include:
/.*/[^/]*manage[^/]*$ (Any URL whose last component (excluding args)
includes 'manage')
/acl_users/
^/Control_Panel.*
^manage_addProduct/
^manage/

Any others?

-roy

PLEASE READ THIS WARNING: All e-mail sent to or from this address will be
received or otherwise recorded by the Fisher Investments  corporate e-mail
system and is  subject to archival, monitoring or review by, and/or
disclosure to, someone other than the recipient.