[Zope] Re: Simple way to obfuscate email addresses to foil spambots?

Derrick 'dman' Hudson dman at dman13.dyndns.org
Thu Sep 11 18:31:44 EDT 2003

On Mon, Sep 08, 2003 at 11:59:02AM -0700, Chris Beaumont wrote:

| Or any other creative anti-spam tricks.. I work at an educational
| nonprofit and our spam load seems to be increasing exponentially..

spambayes works well for me.
    (http://spambayes.sf.net)

I've also had rather good success with spamassassin in the past.
    (http://www.spamassassin.org)

Oh, and using good constraints at the server level is very helpful
too.  For example http://jimsun.linxnet.com/misc/postfix-anti-UCE.txt
Personally I see about 10-20% of incoming mail rejected at the server,
which has one user account.  (1172 rejected out of 4065 delivered for
last week)

-D

PS. I don't worry at all about my email address being un-obfuscated,
    such as in this list's archives.

--
A)bort, R)etry, D)o it right this time

http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/