[Zope] os.system() - problem when using with lynx browser in linux

J Cameron Cooper jccooper at jcameroncooper.com
Thu Sep 11 19:13:50 EDT 2003

>          out=open(fileName,'r').read()
>
>          os.remove(fileName)
>
>          return out

>I've tried running a similar script in straight python and do not find the
>same problem.
>
>Is this an issue with python in zope - I use a binary of zope 2.5 rather
>than my own python? Or is this the way that zope is set up and
>there's a configuration I'm missing?
>
>Any suggestions?

Try

return str(out)

Totally guessing, of course.

          --jcc

--
"Code generators follow the 80/20 rule. They solve most of the problems, but not all of the problems. There are always features and edge cases that will need hand-coding. Even if code generation could build 100 percent of the application, there will still be an endless supply of boring meetings about feature design."
(http://www.devx.com/java/editorial/15511)