[Zope] Mailboxer / Qmail Question

Duncan McGreggor cms at adytumsolutions.com
Fri Sep 12 09:28:13 EDT 2003

Paul Resnikoff wrote:

>Hi,
>
>My zope hosting provider helped me set up Mailboxer with Qmail in Zope to send
>a bulk mailing list.  Problem is, I cannot seem to add multiple email
>addresses.  Qmail allows me to add one email at a time.  In my Zope instance,
>the 'properties' tab of my Mailboxer install does have a 'maillist' update
>option, but I cannot get it to speak with qmail.  Any mail pros out there that
>can address this issue?

I use qmail and Mailboxer together for a couple zope-based sites. The
first problem I had when setting this up was placing the location of the
smtp2zope.py script that comes with Mailboxer. Depending on the system
architecture, the user under which zope runs, and the security policies
of the system, this script may need to be placed in an
other-than-documented location.

That being said, on my redhat 7.3 production box running a brand-new
qmail, everything worked in the default locations. the next crucial
thing is to look at the piped command that is placed in the .qmail(-*)
file. I use qmail virtual domains for apache virtual hosts, so this was
a little more involved for me. I have documentation for it up on the
zope.org site (check http://zope.org/Members/adytumsolutions).

I can help you more if you send me the contents of whatever .qmail file
has the piped command (the one that references the smtp2zope.py script).
I will also need the full ZMI path to your mailboxer list instance.

As for adding multiple users, there is a field under the mailboxer list
instance "properties" tab that is called "maillist" (maybe it's got a
new name in new versions?) and is of type "lines" -- this is where you
add subscribers, one per line.

Let me know if you have any troubles. Also, the guy that wrote it is
very cool and quite resposive; if my answers are not helpful, consider
his expertise.

Duncan