[Zope] GUID Equivalent in Zope?

Philip Kilner phil at xfr.co.uk
Fri Sep 12 08:43:52 EDT 2003

Hi All,

We need to be able to add a system-generated unique key string to a
record entered into an RDBMS via a Zope application. The same database
is also accessed by an ASP application which uses GUIDs for this function: -

- Is there something similar to a GUID generator in Zope?

- If so, would it be practical to actually generate this string in the
same format as MS GUIDs (I know they look horrible, but an trying to
keep equivalence between the ASP-powered functions and the Zope-powered
functions)?

FWIW, the Zope application is on Win32, so perhaps we could get Windows
to generate us a GUID?

Thanks in anticipation for any input!

--

Regards,

PhilK

Email: phil at xfr.co.uk / Voicemail & Facsimile: 07092 070518

"the symbols of the divine show up in our world initially at the trash
stratum." Philip K Dick