[Zope] Updating a form's variables through a Python script

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sat Sep 13 08:17:57 EDT 2003

Don Mullins wrote at 2003-9-12 13:36 -0500:
 > #return RESPONSE.redirect('New_Customer_Add?name='+s[2])
 > return context.New_Customer_Add(context, context.REQUEST, phone=s[4])
 > Everything works great until I want to send the data back to the form.  As
 > you can see I have tried all kinds of possibilites with no success.

These two of your trials do not look bad.

In what way did they not work as you expected?

Note that the spec requires that the redirect URL should be absolute
(although, I did not yet met a browser that enforces this).

Note that values in a query string must be "url_quote_plus" escaped.

Note that "return DtmlObject(...)" can give you wrong relative URL
(when "DtmlObject" does not live in the same folder as the script).

Dieter