[Re: [Zope] MAILBOXER questions]

Paul Resnikoff paulr at stanfordalumni.org
Sun Sep 14 15:27:07 EDT 2003

Thanks all for the very valuable feedback.  Yes, George has been great at
Zettai.net, I am definitely confused on the various moving parts of this as a
mail and Zope newbie.

I will read more documentation, and attempt to clarify exactly what roles are
played by the various components: qmail, ezmlm, and Mailboxer.  Frankly I have
no idea where one starts and the other ends, so any "in a nutshell"
explanations will be greatly appreciated.

I have gotten various commands to work within ezmlm to change various parts of
the mailings (footer, header, etc.), and have been able to manipulate various
settings like privacy, moderator controls, etc.

The clarity will help me down the road, as I am having trouble figuring out
some basic things, like:

(1) how to figure out who has subscribed and unsubscribed to the list (where
to access the logs)?
(2) how to create HTML emails (I think I need a plug in to make this work,
which I am going to install)

Thanks again, Paul