[Zope] ZMySQLDA

Joseph F. Dries III jdries at advancedlogicsys.com
Mon Sep 15 01:55:14 EDT 2003

Hello,

I have recently installed Zope 2.7.0 b2, and installed the mysql-python
0.9.2 along with ZMySQLDA 2.09b2. I had to manually copy the registry
entries for my Python.org Python 2.3 installation to the 2.2 Python that
is part of the Zope 2.7.0 b2 binary install. (This particular installation
is on Windows 2000, not my main platform which is now MacOS X, where I
have no problems...)

Anyway, whenever I attempt to make a db connection in Zope, I get the
following attribute error: "server_capabilties"

It looks like that lives in the _mysql.pyd file, which is installed
correctly. I can fire up the python interpreter and do an "import _mysql"
and it gives me no errors. I can do an "import MySQLdb", create a
db.connect, and manually execute some SQL.

Any ideas here? The obvious one, get the 0.9.3b1 version of mysql-python
is currently out, as I don't have any Windows-based compilers to do the
install. I'm stuck with binary-only releases. The kind person who has been
uploading the binaries for Windows of mysql-python hasn't for the new
0.9.3b1 release.

Any suggestions?

--
Joseph F. Dries III