[Zope] Back button (off topic?)

Passin, Tom tpassin at mitretek.org
Wed Sep 17 11:54:47 EDT 2003

[ Michael Long]

> In Firebird there is something called a JavaScript Console. This is
> telling me that history has no properties. So it looks like
> the problem
> is with the Firebird and/or my configuration of the browser.

This seems to be a bug in Firebird.  I tested version 0.6.1 on Windows.
I found that if I double-clicked on my test file, there was a history
object  and it had the right methods.  But if I loaded some other page
first, then loaded the test file, there was no history object.  However,
Mozilla 1.2.1 worked correctly.  I do not have a more recent version of
Moz on this system to try, so it might be a bug in Moz rather than
Firebird per se.

BTW, I think the OP wants to use back(), not go().

Why don't you file a bug report?  Here is the code I used for testing.
It opens another browser window and lists all the methods and
properties of the history object -

<head>
<title>History Test</title>
<script type='text/javascript'>
function test() {
	var obj = history
	var str = ''

	for (var o in obj) {
		str += o + '<br>'
	}

	var win = window.open('','_show')
	win.document.write(str)
	win.document.close()
	win.focus()
}
</script>
</head>

<button onclick='test()'>Back</button>

Results in the popup window - that is, when it worked at all -

length
current
previous
next
back
forward
item
go

You can see it has all the right properties and methods.

Cheers,

Tom P