Abwesenheitsnotiz: [Zope] ZSyncer

Dylan Reinhardt zope at dylanreinhardt.com
Thu Sep 18 17:36:19 EDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-09-18 at 13:58, Jamie Heilman wrote:
> Unless the MTA is buggy, the envelope sender is the
> only address it will ever use for bounces, and that happens to be set
> to a bounce catcher like it should be

I was trying to avoid going into detail about how all of this is
supposed to work and may have over-simplified as a result.  But how it
is supposed to work is clearly at odds with how it *does* work in
certain cases.  Whether or not I *should* receive bounce messages from
posting to the list, I have received them.

As they say, in theory there should be no difference between theory and
practice, but in practice there usually is.  :-)

Dylan