[Zope] 'Delete objects' permission

Tim Terlegård timte878 at student.liu.se
Fri Sep 19 03:19:58 EDT 2003

> > If I add 'Delete objects' for Owner on the folder I still can't
> > delete the object, but if I add 'Delete objects' for Member, then
> > I can delete the object.
>
> Indeed, the owner of the folder is probably not the owner of the
> document ;-)

You have a point :-)

> > How should I set the permissions to get this community policy?
>
> Give the member a local role of Owner on their own folder. Then
> assign "delete object" to Owner at the root of your portal...

All members already have local roles in their home folders. That is,
when I go to the security tab in /Members/<name>, there is an entry
that says that name has the local role of Owner and there is a
remove button that can be pressed to remove the local role.

How does a local role on /Members/<name> affect the the entire site?

Is there any website explaining this thorougly?

Tim