[Zope] use of RedG-analize-1.0

Pierre Colonna d'Istria colonna at ac-nice.fr
Fri Sep 19 03:37:31 EDT 2003

Hello,

We want to use RedG-analize-1.0 in order to porduce a report of Zope logs
wich can be readable with webalizer

In the how to, we don't understand the following section :

================================
3. Add "File" object somewhere in ZMI. Content Type: text/plain

Format of the file entries (lines):
NAME VIRTUAL_HOST
So for example if statistics for web site: www.zope.org should go to
subfolder 'zope' please add the line:
zope zope.org

Please note that there are no prefix 'www'. This way all requests
to zope.org will be logged.
Multiple entries for same NAME allowed.
It is also very recommended to 'secure' this file contents to
anonymous users. When editing file in ZMI please press "Security" tab
and change "View" permission as following:
[ ] Acquire permission settings
[ ] Anonymous
[ ] Authenticated
[x] Manager
[x] Owner
What is this file? it is the log file ?

Wich name could we use ? Is it this file that sould be "webalize" ?

Could we have more explanation ?

Thanks