[Zope] Best Practice for Apache 2.0, Zope and SSL

Rob Thorne rob at torenware.com
Mon Sep 22 00:44:06 EDT 2003

I've spent some time looking through Zope.org for some enlightenment
concerning how best to use Zope with SSL, but there are many different
tutorials, with different answers.  What does the list currently
recommend about the following options:

    * Is there a good patch for ZServer to support https directly, or
      should I run ZServer under Apache 2.0 with mod_ssl?
    * Do I need to use the Zope.cgi script, and if not, how do I get
      around it?
    * How is mod_proxy used with SSL, and how is this different from
      using mod_rewrite alone?
    * Is it better to use Virtual Host Monsters or the "Site Access"
      product to serve different sites from the same Zope instance.

The various howtos and The Zope Book are all over the map on what to do
in this case.  I'm curious which solution performs best for multiple
sites under one instance.

Thanks,
Rob