GNU tar damage for the 5000th time, was Re: [Zope] z2 startup exception

Jamie Heilman jamie at audible.transient.net
Tue Sep 23 00:34:20 EDT 2003

Terry Hancock wrote:
> So I'd be really unhappy if the code was actually modified to
> accomodate tar programs with path limits.

You think you would be huh?  The irony is the code that keeps
triggering the problem is practically all in TextIndex which now has
multiple replacements that are billed as being better than the
original.  So not only would it be a relatively straight-forward
change, it might get done eventually due to deprecation anyway
(although afaik there are no plans to deprecate the old TextIndex
support).

--
Jamie Heilman                     http://audible.transient.net/~jamie/
"...thats the metaphorical equivalent of flopping your wedding tackle