[Zope] Re: __before_publishing_traverse__: VHM put into TraversalRequestNameStack

Evan Simpson evan at 4-am.com
Tue Sep 23 11:59:52 EDT 2003

Tobias Herp wrote:
> I'm running several virtual hosts (Zope 2.6.2) behind an Apache. When I
> access a virtual host, the __before_publishing_traverse__ method of my
> site class sees a slash and the VirtualHostMonster on the top of the
> TraversalRequestNameStack (indexes -2 and -1). Is this a bug, or is it a
> feature I should rely on?

VHM plays funky tricks with the traversal stack in order to get its job
done.  In particular, it converts 'VirtualHostRoot' into its own Id in
the stack in order to get itself traversed at that point.  You can
depend on the stack munging being the same each time for a given virtual
hosting setup.

Cheers,

Evan @ 4-am