[Zope] Cataloging/ignoring objects that generate errors on indexing

Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Fri Sep 26 12:15:23 EDT 2003

Hello,

I'm trying to update my catalog, and much to my surprise, it ain't working !

Some objects require form parameters and so on, raise errors when none are
provided. So now when I ask the catalog (In this case a CMF one, but the
fact it's CMF shouldn't really matter, right?) to index everything it can
find, it raises an error when it lands on such objects.

Now this has never happened ot me before, and I'd always assumed that
objects that raised errors while being index simply didn't get indexed,
hence my suprise. I was actually counting on such doucments NOT getting
indexed BECAUSE they raise errors.

Admitedly, I'm doing something somewhat out of the ordinary. I have a CMF
Document that actually renders/interprets TAL (Basically a CMF Document
ZPT). SearchableText() runs a CookedBody that does the ZPT rendering ... Of
course NOT using CookedBody at indexing might be an option, but I'm not sure
of the consequences ... Some documents that have simple
tal:replace/tal:content type instructions in them I DO want to have Cooked
before indexing ...

Anybody have any good ways or suggestions on how to get around this ?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Jean-François Doyon
Internet Service Development and Systems Support
GeoAccess Division
Canadian Center for Remote Sensing
Natural Resources Canada
http://atlas.gc.ca