[Zope] Simple way to programmatically merge several PDF files within Zope?

J Cameron Cooper jccooper at jcameroncooper.com
Sat Sep 27 01:31:37 EDT 2003

>I've been looking for the answer to this and come up blank. Maybe one of
>you can help.
>
>I have a number of PDF files in a LocalFS directory that I would like to
>programmatically merge into larger, combined files, preferably within
>Zope. Does anything come to mind, any ideas on a simple way to do this?

To do it in Zope means, basically, an External Method, which means,
basically, a Python program. Which mean, basically...

that's right: easy like pie.

As to the exact mechanism, I posted this heap of links a whil back.
Probably something in there is helpful:

http://www.reportlab.com/toolkit/
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-sc6.html?loc=dwmain
http://zope.org/Members/Dirk.Datzert/RenderableCharts/view