[Zope] Tracking upload of files to Zope

Gitte Wange gitte at mmmanager.org
Mon Sep 29 07:11:01 EDT 2003

Hello,

Sorry if I post to a wrong list - if that is the case, please tell me
where to post instead.

I have one huge problem with Zope: It's impossible to track how far an
upload of a file to Zope is :-((

It seems like Zope "blocks" untill a file is uploaded to Zope making it
impossible to tell how many bytes has been transfered or similar.

Is it me that hasn't got a clue on how the HTTP protocol works or is it a
"bad implementation" of file uploads in Zope ?

I kinda hoped I could create some sort of "wait page" when users upload
files to my website ... it's big files (video files) so it takes some time
and therefor it would be really great to be able to display a wait page to
people.

--
Gitte Wange
Technical Manager

Email: gitte at mmmanager.org
Web: http://www.mmmanager.org
Tlf: +45 36 46 20 02

(On the statement print "42 monkeys"+"1 snake") BTW,
both perl and Python get this wrong. Perl gives 43
and Python gives "42 monkeys1 snake",
when the answer is clearly "41 monkeys and 1 fat snake".

    -- Jim Fulton, 10 Aug 1999