[Zope] Display new object without redirect

Ken ken at practical.org
Mon Sep 29 12:19:36 EDT 2003

Hi all,

I have a DTML method which generates objects (pages) by making 'expensive' queries to external databases.

Right now, both Google and Altavista (Scooter) are indexing my site and I would like to take advantage of this to store the pages, using the DocumentLibrary product. I have method which looks for an object at the requested URL and if it can't be found, creates the object, catalogs it and displays it. However, the display of the newly-catalogued object is done through a redirect and I have read that this is 'bad' for the search engines.

I have not been able to display the new object any other way; it is not yet found in the Catalog (DocumentStore). It only works with redirection or by refreshing the page manually.

How can I refer to the new object and display it after calling
<dtml-call expr="addDocumentFile(REQUEST=REQUEST)">?

Thanks for helping me to solve this quickly!

Ken