[Zope] Multiple Resource Folders and Acquisition

J Cameron Cooper jccooper at jcameroncooper.com
Tue Sep 30 17:29:40 EDT 2003

> Yes, that would work. But it would make a horrible mess of my
> directory. (with rollovers, etc, somewhere near 50 images need to be
> in the root). Ironically, I'd be happy to have the site specific
> outside a subfolder, as they number <5. Oh well...
>
> I would *really* like to find a simple way to tidy this up. I've not
> been able to get the standard_error_message to redirect to a graphic,
> although I can get it to return the graphic with accompanying generic
> IMG tags. *sigh*

There is something called TransparentFolder, which makes acquisition
work in reverse. It can cause a performance hit, but you'll have to
decide whether that is worth the cleaning-up you get. Another option is
to do something like

/
  graphics
     img1
     img2
     sites
         site1
            graphics
               img3

You can also use an OrderedFolder (built-in in 2.7) to stick all the
images to the bottom.

          --jcc

--
"Code generators follow the 80/20 rule. They solve most of the problems, but not all of the problems. There are always features and edge cases that will need hand-coding. Even if code generation could build 100 percent of the application, there will still be an endless supply of boring meetings about feature design."
(http://www.devx.com/java/editorial/15511)