[Zope] This is NOT an April's Fool! Possible bug in ZCatalog ?

Gitte Wange gitte at mmmanager.org
Thu Apr 1 08:46:40 EST 2004

Hello,

Sorry about the long subject line but - this thing has been bugging us
all day and I actuaaly thought it was someone making an April's Fool
out of me :-)

I hav a setup with Zope-2.6.2 and CMF-1.3 - here there is a
portal_catalog which inherits from ZCatalog. It has a default index
named 'path' (which contains the path to the object)

It did contain the path untill we reindexed the entire catalog - the the
path index in every object contained a lot of html code.
Not so good :-)

I then discovered that a person had joined the site with the username
'path' and then the contents of his home folder got indexed in the
'path' index - damn!

I'm not sure how you could make a fix for this, but the index method
should somehow deal with what kind of content get's indexed into the
indexes (IMO).

Anyone else who has experienced this - and how do you prevent it from
happen?

Greetings,
Gitte Wange