[Zope] Session and IE problem

Chris Withers lists at simplistix.co.uk
Thu Apr 1 11:58:15 EST 2004

Panna Cotta wrote:

> I've build a site that uses sessions.
> The setting is:
> 1) a web redirection to our ip: www.asite.com -> 123.45.67.89:8080
> 2) apache redirects with mod_rewrite to Zope
> 3) Zope is called with 123.45.67.89:8080/Store and sends 123.45.67.89:80
> back
> 4) the user has to log in and the session is created

While M$ may indeed be discarding cookie, I suspect if you got your rewrite rule
correct and put a VHM in the right place, you wouldn't have a situation which
would provoke this "feature". You could then shut the 8080 port and so firewall
your Zope server much more effectively ;-)

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk