[Zope] Hooks for performance measurement

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Apr 2 17:51:22 EST 2004

Dennis Allison wrote at 2004-4-1 09:18 -0800:
>I would like to know the processing time and latency for each published
>object in my production Zope system.  There are likely to be hooks in the
>system which can give me the access I need: I want to have my program get
>called when a threads begins to publish an object and again when a thread
>completes publication.  I scanned the 2_6 documentation but did not find a
>list of hooks (something that perhaps ought to be there).

Try "ZopeProfiler".

By default, its high level profiling classifies a function
as high level when it is either the request or the "__call__"
method of an object with "id".

You can configure it to recognize more methods as high level
(easy) or recognize arbitrary functions as high level
(more difficult: you must provide a "__profile_information__"
variable in your function containing a tripel
"(filename, linenumber, functionname)").

You find "ZopeProfiler" on my Zope page

  <http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope>

--
Dieter