[Zope] Up to date Zope documentation?

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Apr 2 18:21:00 EST 2004

Cormac McClean wrote at 2004-4-2 10:53 +0100:
>However, now that I'm beginning development, I need up to date
>documentation. I have a copy of the Zope Book V2.6 pdf, but I'm
>wondering how useful it will be given that the current version of Zope
>is 2.7. Obviously old documentation is better than none at all, but will
>a more up to date version of the Zope Book be forthcoming, or will the
>move towards Zope 3 make this unlikely?

I do not expect that the book will stay up to date with
the software. In my view, this is no big problem.
Almost everything, you read in the book is still valid
for Zope 2.7. The only major change in Zope 2.7 is
installation and configuration.
Installation is very simple and configuration is
very good documented in the default configuration file.

>Also, the Zope Developers Guide on zope.org is version 2.4. Am I right
>in thinking that this is a guide for Zope 2.4, rather than version 2.4
>of the Guide? Perhaps the ZDG has been incorporated into versino 2.6 of
>the Zope Book?

Almost nothing changed for developers between Zope 2.4 and Zope 2.7.
Of course, you have more products (e.g. "Sessions", "SiteAccess",
"OrderedFolder", ...). But they would be documented anyway for
themselves.

>I have a similar question regarding the Zope Administrator's Guide
>Project. The project has stalled since Jan 2002, according to
>	http://zope.org/DocProjects/AdminGuide/Project/FrontPage
>
>Are the necessary resources available as part of v2.6 of the Zope Book?

I do not know. I never read this guide.
Zope administration is really trivial. Personally, I do not see
the need for a guide.

--
Dieter