[Zope] AutoLance fails to restart Zope 2.7.0 (or is it me?)

Paul Howell paul at smoothstone.com
Sat Apr 3 14:11:06 EST 2004

Hi Chris,
     At the Plone conference you brought up using AutoLance to restart Zope
if RAM usage exceeds set limits (or other system limits are reached).  I
just got and tried AutoLance on a server (Zope 2.7.0 and Plone 2.0) and
AutoLance shutdown at the right RAM usage level, but didn't email me and
didn't restart either.  Could it need an upgrade for 2.7.0?  The product's
actual restart calls ZServer.clean_shutdown with restart=1... is that still
the correct approach with 2.7.0?   I'm running one system that is RAM
limited and this product would be very helpful.
=Paul
ps.  So how did this product get its name?