Showstopper bug in LocalFS 1.1, was Re: [Zope] ZODB vs LocalFS

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Wed Apr 7 01:50:28 EDT 2004

On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 07:16:39PM +0200, Andreas Heckel wrote:
> Ryan Boder wrote:
>
> >From the Zope site I couldn't even tell which version of LocalFS to use
> >with Zope-2.7.0
>
> Hi Ryan,
>
> Please have a look at LocalFS-LocalFS-1.2-andreas.tar.gz at:
>
> http://www.easyleading.org/Downloads/

I have not been able to get in there, apache is giving Forbidden.
But I'm curious whether your version exhibits the same
horrible behavior I've just observed with LocalFS 1.1
(tarball from sourceforge):
with File objects at least, and maybe others, the ZODB grows
by approximately the size of the object for *every download*.

I noticed this because I ran ab on a test file
in a localfs instance and my Data.fs promptly grew by a gigabyte! 8-0

I don't know what causes this yet. I never observed anything
like it with LocalFS 1.0 on Zope 2.5* or 2.6.*.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com