[Zope] metal: how to get a portlet to render in the default index_html

hpinson at indepthl.com hpinson at indepthl.com
Thu Apr 8 13:59:47 EDT 2004

Hi Alec.  Yes you are right. I see now that the default index_html
document is a CMF document and is not dynamic at all.  This is why I
cannot call portlets from it.

I did as you suggested and replaced the top-level index_html document
with a page template.  That works, but now the plone interface is
completely gone.

You mentioned "Make sure to include the appropriate macros." in the
new page tempate  Can you, or someone else elaborate on how to do
this?

My goal is to embed two portlets (New and Events) as content in the
site home page.

Harlow Pinson
Indepth Learning
Email: hpinson at indepthl.com