[Zope] Apache integration problem

Pete Poggione pete at poggione.org
Sat Apr 10 02:24:26 EDT 2004

Hello -
Hopefully I'm not asking an age old question that I haven't found the
answer to on my own.

I'm running Zope 2.7 and have integrated it with apache2 per the
information I found here:

http://zope.org/Members/anser/apache_zserver

I already have several virtual hosts running on apache with no problems.
i want to convert one of the virtual hosts to be totally served by Zope
via apache.

Zope is running fine and I was able to create a folder for the virtual
host without issue. I can access the management page for the folder ok
as well. My problems start when I create the SiteRoot for the new
folder. Immediately I no longer have access to it. After restarting the
browser I still have the same issue. It definately is an apache proxy
issue but I don't know how to fix the problem?

Once the SiteRoot I get the following error when accessing the virtual
host:

==============================
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access / on this server
==============================

The vhost entry in the apache conf file looks like:

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName www.vdomain1.com
ServerAdmin webmaster at vdomain1.com
ProxyPass / http://www.mydomain.org:9080/jwtp/
ProxyPassReverse / http://www.mydomain.org:9080/jwtp/
ProxyPass /misc_ http://www.mydomain.org:9080/misc_
ProxyPass /p_ http://www.mydomain.org:9080/p_
</VirtualHost>

the error I see in the log when accessing www.vdomain1.com is:

============================
[Sat Apr 10 01:40:29 2004] [error] [client 192.168.1.118] client denied
by server configuration:
proxy:http://www.mydomain.org:9080/jwtp/manage_workspace, referer:
http://mail.mydomain.org:9080/jwtp/manage
[Sat Apr 10 02:13:05 2004] [error] [client 192.168.1.118] client denied
by server configuration: proxy:http://www.mydomain.org:9080/jwtp/

(www.mydomain and mail.mydomain are the same machine)

Does anyone have any suggestions?

thanks in advance.