[Zope] Expiring cookies problem with IE

Julian Gollop julian.gollop at ntlworld.com
Wed Apr 14 06:43:37 EDT 2004

I have a serious problem trying to expire cookies with internet explorer.
I have a user login system which stores user information in cookies. When
the user logs out, I use the expire cookies function like this:

<dtml-call "RESPONSE.expireCookie('p_name')">

however, where I check for cookies in some subfolders of the main login I
notice that IE seems to generate extra cookies which are not expired with
the expireCookie method. I know some extra parameters can be passed with
expireCookie, and I have tried:

<dtml-call "RESPONSE.expireCookie('p_name', path='/login/subfolder')">

but it doesn't work. Some cookies remain, and my application gets confused
when I try to login as a different user.
Does anybody have a solution for this particular conundrum? Does only IE
behave in this way?

Regards,

Julian Gollop
Codo Technologies ltd.