[Zope] Python: methods arguments limited to 256?

Julio Silva jsilva at personalis.pt
Thu Apr 15 08:17:06 EDT 2004

Hi,

I have a python script in which I call a zsqlmethod and pass to it some args,
If I pass 255 args everything ok (dont ask why I need so many args its not
your business :-),
If I pass more than 255 args to zsqlmethod then when hitting the python
script "save changes" button I get the following error (Note: the error
appears when clicking the save changes button of the Python Script):

Exception Type ValueError
Exception Value chr() arg not in range(256)

Traceback (innermost last):
    * Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
    * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 40, in call_object
    * Module Products.PythonScripts.PythonScript, line 132, in
ZPythonScriptHTML_editAction
    * Module Products.PythonScripts.PythonScript, line 151, in
ZPythonScript_edit
    * Module Products.QuotaFolder, line 240, in QA_ps_write
    * Module Products.PythonScripts.PythonScript, line 419, in write
    * Module Products.PythonScripts.PythonScript, line 272, in _makeFunction
    * Module Products.PythonScripts.PythonScript, line 231, in _compile
    * Module Products.PythonScripts.PythonScript, line 225, in _compiler
    * Module RestrictedPython.RCompile, line 85, in
compile_restricted_function
    * Module RestrictedPython.RCompile, line 68, in compileAndTuplize
    * Module RestrictedPython.RCompile, line 63, in compile
    * Module compiler.pycodegen, line 245, in getCode
    * Module compiler.pyassem, line 371, in getCode
    * Module compiler.pyassem, line 477, in convertArgs
    * Module compiler.pyassem, line 513, in _convert_LOAD_CONST
    * Module compiler.pycodegen, line 245, in getCode
    * Module compiler.pyassem, line 373, in getCode
    * Module compiler.pyassem, line 579, in makeByteCode
    * Module compiler.pyassem, line 673, in addCode
ValueError: chr() arg not in range(256)

Any clue? Thanx,

Julio Dinis Silva