[Zope] help with product/zClass

Michael Ruberto michael at dortronics.com
Mon Apr 19 15:39:56 EDT 2004

I am trying to build a Product like this: adding an instance generates a
folder containing an HTML template with a custom property set, and several
Epoz Documents. The template has variables to render the contents of the
Epoz Documents in the editable regions.

I have gotten most of this to work as individual pieces so far but no luck
in building a product. I know I can just write a DTML or Python script to
make copies of a folder containing the files but I would then have to change
every instance should the property set be revised later on.

Ultimately I need for the user to be able to select the product from the add
list and input the properties on the addForm. Then the constructor method
would create the folder and files in the current directory. It seems simple
enough but my lack of understanding of products and Zclasses is hampering
me.

I have closely studied all the examples and tutorials and learned a lot but
none of it is helping.

I would greatly appreciate any advice, pointers or suggestions.

Thanks!

Mike