[Zope] revision manager cvs problem

Arthur Chan Chi Chuen arthur at soqhome.com
Tue Apr 20 10:15:39 EDT 2004

Hi Carel,

> I run Zope as normal user, e.g. carel. The zope instance is located
> at :
whether your zope startup as the "zope" user (by default)? anyway, try to
grant right for carel and zope for testing purpose

I ususally use chown zope:zope (that grant permission for zope for sure) at
the cvs project folder

> /home/carel/zope_2_7
The zope instance is not relevant in your case.

> Is the /var/cvs/quality_system absolute or relative to the zope
> instance? I thought relative to the instance.....
it is absolute, it is the project folder inside the cvs root folder
type: echo $CVSROOT to see if it is /var/cvs
if so, your quality_system is your project name probably.

> Maybe I am also missing something on CVS. Should I first do the
> 'export rootcvs' thing?
I'm not sure, but make sure the cvs works for your zope user can help you.

Arthur