[Zope] How to set a cookie on two different domains at login time in one of them?

David Convent david.convent at naturalsciences.be
Wed Apr 21 05:38:03 EDT 2004

Hi Chris,

Chris Withers wrote:

> Gregoire Weber wrote:
>
>> I must admit, that the sites are Plone sites but it seems independent
>> of that.
>> In the root there is a CookieCrumbler and Plone uses Cookies also.
>

> Delete the cookie crumblers in the Plone sites, then just have one at
> the root of your ZODB. Should work as you expect...
>
> Chris

this comes from a discussion on the plone i18n mailing list:
discussion =  URL based multilingual Plone Site (started on 20040408)
<snip>

> when accessing a same plone site from different urls, the
> authentification cookie is not recognised from one url to another, is
> it possible to set this cookie for all domains that point to the site ?

cookies are only for one domain, that's for security reasons - the
browser sends always the cookies for one specific domain to the server

jodok
</snip>

isn't this conflicting your answer

--