[Zope] Separation of the Management Interface from Application

Jas Amidzic jasmin.amidzic at abs.gov.au
Thu Apr 22 00:51:41 EDT 2004

Hi,

Separation of Zope Management Interface (MI) from other applications supported
by the server is something that I would like to implement if possible. All
applications currently supported by the server are accessible through HTTP (on
port 80) and  running MI over HTTPS only (port 443) would allow me to control
access to the  Zope Management Interface.

I have an Apache server sitting in front of the Zope  providing necessary SSL
support and two SiteRoots on the Zope server; one in the RootFolder and other
one in a custom created application folder located just bellow the RootFolder.

RootFolder's SiteRoot contains base parameter that looks like this
"https://www.fightclub.org/" and the application's  SiteRoot created in the
application folder has the base parameter set to
"http://www.fightclub.org/Application/".

This creates two virtual server one that is accessible over HTTPS and other over
HTTP, which is exactly what I was hopping to achieve. However there is a small
problem.

The problem is that Application has to be managed over HTTP as all
'manage_worksplace' URLs are also rewritten by the Applications SiteRoot to
HTTP.

Is it possible to leave the Application SiteRoot as it is and introduce another
URL mapping which would only translate application's  'manage_worksplace' URLs
to HTTPs? I've tried using Rewriter but without success.  Are there any other
techniques that would allow separation of MI from the applications?

Thanks