[Zope] stopping zope?

David Convent david.convent at naturalsciences.be
Fri Apr 23 03:44:37 EDT 2004

Hi Aaron

Aaron wrote:

>I fought to get zope and plone installed and after much fighting
>succeeded, but now I am stuck with zope running and I need to stop it.
>
>I see that in my version of zope 6.2.3 there is stop in the root
>directory   but I can't figure out how to use it and what to tell it to
>stop.
>
>I am using zopes server not apache or another server.
>
>I tried the zopebook but didn't find it.
>
>If someone could tell me how to kill a running zope or at least point me
>to the documentation
> it would be most appreciated

without knowing on which system you are running zope, it is difficult to
give you the exact solution

on linux it is usually 'zopectl stop', on windows you can do it from the
controller (the app that comes with the plone installer), from os x it
is usually '/Applications/Plone2/Tools/stop Default (or an other
instance's name)'

hth

--
David Convent