[Zope] Mozilla Hates My zClasses

Edward Pollard pollej at uleth.ca
Fri Apr 23 11:43:20 EDT 2004

Hello Dieter,

I've had to come back to this problem as our new search engine uses
HEAD to get document titles.

Working with zClasses, one is rather abstracted from the code. I'm not
sure how to start "look[ing] at the code" to solve this problem.

When I had problems with FTP it was due to my zClass not inheriting
certain methods properly from PageTemplate (recall these zClasses. With
the help of the list I solved the problem as so:

def getPageTemplateClass(self):
     clist = self.__class__.__bases__
     for superc in clist:
         if superc.__name__ == 'ZopePageTemplate':
             return superc
     return self.__class__

def manage_FTPput(self,REQUEST):
     ptClass = getPageTemplateClass(self)
     return ptClass.manage_FTPput(self,REQUEST)

I've done a search of the source code, but cannot find the equivalent
function for a HEAD request.

Can you help?

(While were on the subject, my zClasses don't work with WebDAV either.
Could this approach be extended to whatever methods WebDAV uses?)

---
Edward J. Pollard, B.Sc
Webmaster, University of Lethbridge