[Zope] Request for Information

Shashin Shah shashin at bkwsulon.demon.co.uk
Wed Apr 28 15:19:03 EDT 2004

Dear Zope Users

Apologies if this is not the right forum to raise these questions.

I am helping a charity decide on an Open Source / Open Standards CMS
and also a framework and supporting tools to help them develop their web
based applications faster.

I would very much appreciate your views on the following:

- What is your view on Python versus Java. I am hearing that Python may
be more productive than Java in building web based apps.

- Whilst Zope is open source, to what extent is it based on Open
standards, If we select Zope/Plone/Python is there a danger of getting
locked in to something that is proprietary.

- Are you aware of any comparisons done on Zope CMF/Plone versus other
CMSs (such as Open CMS) that we could have access to ?

Any help most appreciated.

--
Shashin Shah