[Zope] zcatalog corrupt?

nwingfield at dixon-hughes.com nwingfield at dixon-hughes.com
Mon Aug 2 17:21:45 EDT 2004

I have a large ZCatalog (330,000+ objects) that has been in production for
nearly a year.  One particularly important index keeps track of client
names so that users can quickly search by client.  The index is a
ZCTextIndex called 'clientString'.  Sometime very recently, my query began
raising an exception when users try to search on the term 'Smith'.  My best
guess is that one of the records in the catalog containing the word 'Smith'
has been corrupted somehow.  The query looks like this:

container.catalogOfEFRObjects.searchResults({'clientString':'Smith'})

The traceback looks like this:

   Traceback (innermost last):
     Module Products.ZCatalog.ZCatalog, line 619, in searchResults
     Module Products.ZCatalog.Catalog, line 751, in searchResults
     Module Products.ZCatalog.Catalog, line 492, in search
     Module Products.ZCTextIndex.ZCTextIndex, line 184, in _apply_index
     Module Products.ZCTextIndex.ParseTree, line 118, in executeQuery
     Module Products.ZCTextIndex.BaseIndex, line 190, in search
     Module Products.ZCTextIndex.OkapiIndex, line 160, in _search_wids
   KeyError: 458693239

If I look up this key (458693239) in the catalog, I can find a path to the
object.  If I try to unindex/reindex the object, I get a similar error:

   Traceback (innermost last):
     Module Products.ElectronicFileRoom.CatalogPathAwareness, line 106, in
   reindex_object
     Module Products.ElectronicFileRoom.CatalogPathAwareness, line 102, in
   unindex_object
     Module Products.ZCatalog.ZCatalog, line 530, in uncatalog_object
     Module Products.ZCatalog.Catalog, line 407, in uncatalogObject
     Module Products.ZCTextIndex.ZCTextIndex, line 166, in unindex_object
     Module Products.ZCTextIndex.OkapiIndex, line 67, in unindex_doc
   KeyError: 458693239

Can anyone offer a diagnosis and/or solution?

Nathaniel

ID:[{20040802172147.30403.5740027340-12.6.18.86}]