[Zope] SQLSession works great - ZopeSession is a disaster

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Fri Aug 6 08:39:27 EDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-08-06 at 06:23, Andreas Jung wrote:
> --On Freitag, 6. August 2004 5:31 Uhr -0400 Chris McDonough
> <chrism at plope.com> wrote:
>
> > FWIW, the sessioning machinery was rewritten entirely in Zope 2.7.1, so
> > you may find things better in general if you are willing to use 2.7.1 or
> > 2.7.2.
>
> But I have the impression that there are still bugs. Yesterday we had a
> case where the
> timeout was set to 300 minutes but some sessions disappeared after 20-30
> minutes
> however this is not reproducable

Of course.  If it were any other way, it wouldn't be any fun!   ;-)

> and the behaviour is not bound to high
> load.

Well, if you do continue to see it, obviously I'd like to know what's
going on.  Did you see that I applied a patch suggested by Dieter to
CVS/SVN a couple of days ago that might account for the SystemError that
folks were seeing?  Note that after this error, all bets are off with
respect to the state of the BTree data structures, so I wouldn't be
suprised if things got a bit out of whack.

- C