[Zope] Re: Zope 2.7 and scheduling

Josef Meile jmeile at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 10 05:17:33 EDT 2004

Hi Chris,

 > The scheduler needs to be "poked" at intervals via a URL.  You can use
 > cron to do this or you can use the attached "clock.py" to do so (the
 > "cron" attached also gives you an idea of what URL needs to be poked).
Ok, with the clock.py script worked perfectly. However, I don't think is
a good idea to pass the authentication credentials to it ie:
% ./clock -s /Scheduler -a user:password

A malicious user could see them via a:
% ps -ef | grep clock

so, I guess I will use cron+wget and a ".wgetrc" file which only root or
other dedicated user with no login can access.

Another way could be store them on clock.py and make it only accessible
by root or other user. However, this approach requires you to modify the
source.

I don't know if there is a simplest way of achieving this.

Thanks,
Josef