[Zope] Zope 2.7.2 still doesn't run as a service in w2k

Ausum Studio ausum_studio at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 10 13:15:41 EDT 2004

I tried all what's currently available except to dig into Zope's win32
services machinery: I did install it manually after removing the extra
underscore in "INSTANCE__HOME". I added a PYTHONPATH system variable for
both the path of the alternate Python installation and the Zope software;
and also I changed the PYTHONW variable within zopeservices.py to the
executable of this other Python installation (which I need due to I have
installed there win32all), but the service refuses to start.

The event log just tells :
Zope_307702503 (Zope instance at G:\Zope-Instance): process died
unexpectedly. Will attempt restart after 160 seconds.

If I run it manually everything is fine. Has anyone else had this same
problem? Guess I ran out of stamina at this very moment ;)

Ausum