[Zope] Can you make an alternate folder the default?

Philip Kilner phil at xfr.co.uk
Wed Aug 11 02:49:47 EDT 2004

Hi Joe,

Joe Goldthwaite wrote:
> Is there any way to make a sub-folder the default point for the URL?  In
> other words, if you go to http:\\EIS\xxx can Zope look in the EFS sub-folder
> for xxx?

I guess you could use a redirect, but if you need this sort of control
I'd recommend running Zope behind Apache and using the
VirtualHostMonster to manage your URLs. This would enable you to set up
any number of arbitrary folders in Zope as separate hosts. This may seem
a sledgehammer to crack a nut, but I think it's the right tool for the
job - it's just unusual to only need to do this with a single folder.

--

Regards,

PhilK

Email: phil at xfr.co.uk / Voicemail & Facsimile: 07092 070518

"The lyf so short, the craft so long to learne" - Chaucer