[Zope] Re: MySQL thread connection question

Allen Schmidt aschmidt at fredericksburg.com
Wed Aug 11 14:58:58 EDT 2004

cklinger wrote:
>> However, in watching the threads in MySQL, there will be many sleeping
>
> How do you see these treads?

We use a tool on Windows called MySQLFront (freeware) and you can see the threads and sort them by connection, database, time, etc. Very useful tool.

I think it is ZEO that keeps them alive because if we kill and restart ZEO along with the clients the the number of mysql threads drops to almost nothing and then starts building back up as the clients reconnect each Zope client thread to each database connection.

Has anyone seen "too many" mysql connections from Zope? What if we add more ZEO clients on the same or different servers? And each with 6 or 7 Zope threads...and each have the same number of database connections? Hundreds of MySQL connections... That seems it can only cause more problems. Just not sure.

Allen