[Zope] FDF data from apache

Tuttle, Gene cetuttle at rottlundhomes.com
Wed Aug 11 15:36:51 EDT 2004

I have a FDF (Adobe forms data) page on an Apache server.
If posted to this site the formname and field/value pairs it will return FDF
data. This will open the
Adobe form and populate it with the data passed.  Some of the forms have a
number of fields.
When the length of the form name and all of the data are added up it may
push the limits of sending
the data using url (GET) so I would like to use POST.
The problem is I am unable to make this work in ZOPE.
I tested this by first creating a form and using Apache this worked.
I then copied the source of the document into ZOPE DTML document. This works
but not what I want.
I need to store the data to a database first then display the adobe form for
printing.
I then tried using a Python script and DTML document  to post to this site
but this returns
to me the text of the FDF file.
I tried setting the Content type inside the DTML document using:
<dtml-call "RESPONSE.setHeader('Content-Type', 'application/Vnd.fdf')">
This caused Adobe to try and open but did not display my form.

Here is the source of the form document:
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE> New Document </TITLE>
</HEAD>

<BODY>
<form Method="POST" action="http://mplssrv5/cgi-bin/fdftest.pl">

Deposit <input type="text" name='dep_amount'><br>
Buyer <input type="text" name='buyer.name'><br>
address <input type="text" name='address'>
<input type="hidden" name='PDFform'
value='http://mplssrv5:8080/SAS/PDFforms/rottlund/mn/mn_1025_4_98'>
<input type="submit" name="submit">
</form>