[Zope] Using Zope Page Templates for forms (tabs of products)

Josef Albert Meile jmeile at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 13 15:48:22 EDT 2004

>I have a product for which I am adding another tab, or lable or whatever
>you call it, that is, I added a dict to manage_options.
>Now, what I'm doing in fact, is turning a script and a template I did to a
>tab to integrate it in the product.
>I've done everything with zpt (I try to avoid dtml) ...
Congratulations ;-)

><dtml-var manage_page_header>
><dtml-var manage_tabs>
>and
><dtml-var manage_page_footer>
>in ZPT.
This is described in:
http://www.zope.org/Members/Zen/howto/ZPT_management

><dtml-with "_(management_view='Bounce')">
For this, you will have to pass a parameter to the template like:

from Products.PageTemplates.PageTemplateFile import PageTemplateFile
_myTemplate=PageTemplateFile('zpt/myTemplateName',globals())

def myTemplate(self):
  """Here some attributes are added to the template"""
  _myTemplate._owner=None
  #Adds the management_view attribute to the built-in variable "options"
  return _myTemplate.__of__(self)(management_view='Bounce')

Then you can do this on zpt:
  Do something here

>And how do I make a call similar to this:
>DTMLFile('dtml/manage_bounceForm', globals())
See above.

Regards,
Josef